Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Read More modal window always on...

More
7 years 8 months ago #4619 by ggaillet
Read More modal window always on... was created by ggaillet
So I used to link some text to the Read More link in a modal window popping out when my users were clicking on it. Since I installed the latest update (today), I have now a modal windows that shows all the time at the top of my website with just one line "More..." and no more links showing in the module.
The only way I found to remove the modal window is to select 'No' in the 'Always Show' of the Linking section. Bug or me doing something wrong?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4620 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Read More modal window always on...
Hello,

I am not sure I understand the behavior you are describing.

Previously, the read more link opened a modal window when clicking on it. After the update, you still get the same behavior but nothing in the modal window. Is that right?

The 'always show' option set to 'no' means there is not more text to show than the one showing already in the module, eliminating the link, since there is no need to click on a link to get the same information.

What was your previous version before the update?

Did you create a template override for the module?

Please provide me with a link to the module page so I can see what is going on. Thank you!

Olivier.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4623 by ggaillet
Replied by ggaillet on topic Read More modal window always on...
Aaah, yes, sorry, I realized my explanation is not too clear.
So before I upgraded (I didn't updated this module for at least 4 months so I don't know what version I used to have), the readmore section of my article was linked to the news enhanced module as it was supposed to be. When clicking on the readmore link of the news, the in modal window was popping out nicely.
WHen I upgraded, I ended up with this:

So no link on the news anymore, and a strange in modal window floating above my banner with no possibility to close (but I could click on it to read the readmore part of my article).
So I went through the options and I found that when de activating the "always show" that was ON by default, the strange floating modal window disappeared, but still no link to my readmore section of articles:
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #4625 by syw
Thank you for the explanations, I appreciate.

The module went through some changes and I would recommend, when updating from an old version and especially when updating through several major versions, to read the change logs of the module.

The module likely was in v2.2 when you installed it, went through v2.3 (major) and now v2.4 (also major).
www.simplifyyourweb.com/downloads/latest...enhanced-extended-v2.

You are definitely not getting expected behavior concerning the modal window.
It is expected NOT to see the read more link when using 'always show' to 'no'. It is because there is nothing more to show in the modal window other than what is already shown in the module.

Could you tell me if you are using overrides of the default layouts (template overrides) ?

Olivier.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4626 by ggaillet
Replied by ggaillet on topic Read More modal window always on...
Well, I don't know to be honest. How can you check that?

More
7 years 8 months ago #4627 by syw
You need to check what layout is used in the module (default.php or k2.php...). Then check in the template manager, at the files level, if there is a directory called html/mod_latestnewsenhancedextended. If so, the files under that directory won't be up-to-date because the module updates its own files only, not under the /html directory.

If you have no template overrides, please contact me for further investigation. I will need your credentials and the site's url so I can take a closer look.
[email protected]

Thank you!

Olivier.