Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

check Can't get pagination after upgrade

More
8 years 8 months ago #4351 by fedster21
Can't get pagination after upgrade was created by fedster21
I'm upgrading my site form J2.5 to J3.4, also upgrading mod_latestnewsenhancedextended from 1.4.3 to 2.0.2
I'm trying to replicate what I have on my current site www.acguanacaste.ac.cr/ in the second column first item, on the new version nuevo.acguanacaste.ac.cr/ but I haven't been able to get the pagination to show, These are my settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ib66yy0xxz9tgn4/Screenshot%202015-08-11%2022.03.19.png?dl=0

The other thing I dislike is the animation behaviour, if you look at my current version, there is an incoming article that is pushing away the previous, while in this new version the previous scrolled away and then the new one appears, which is not very nice transition, the cover effect has a in between effect but title overlaps the previous which is uglier.

Is there a way to fix this things?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4352 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Can't get pagination after upgrade
Hello,

yes there is a way to fix this, you are just having configuration issues.

The main issue may come from parameters you do not show me:
In the 'layout' tab, in the 'all items' section, do not add a width and a height. This is taken care of automatically by the animation.

The pagination does not show because all articles are showing therefore the jQuery plugin thinks there is no need for it.

Taking care of the width and height may just be all you need to fix.

Olivier.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4353 by fedster21
Replied by fedster21 on topic Can't get pagination after upgrade
Thanks, that solved what showed the elements scrolling down, and maybe the pagination. One error that I had is that I'm doing a template override son the line
if (JFile::exists(dirname(__FILE__).'/pagination/'.$animation.'.php')) : ?>

doesn't quite work if you don't copy the pagination folder on my template override.

But is working now.
Thanks!

More
8 years 8 months ago #4354 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Can't get pagination after upgrade
Great! You are welcome!

Yes, when overriding the module, you do need to create a subfolder /pagination for the override to work. That is something that is not done automatically by Joomla, but it definitely is necessary in the case of this module.

Olivier.