Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle Latest news stopped working?

More
8 years 9 months ago #4262 by gavinhanly
Latest news stopped working? was created by gavinhanly
Hi - I'm sure this is something that I've done - but can you help? All the Latest news modules on the site have stopped working (you can see a few on this page):

www.hot-dinners.com/

Do you know what could be causing this? Any pointers would be great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4263 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Latest news stopped working?
Hello,

it seems like you do not have permissions on the files.
For instance, what I see in Firefox:

/modules/mod_latestnewsenhancedextended/stylemaster_310.js has a 403 Forbidden error (you don't have permission to access /modules/mod_latestnewsenhancedextended/stylemaster.js.php
on the server).

Same on the CSS files.

So file permissions may have changed on your server and prevent the module to load stylesheets and scripts.

That is what is happening. Hope this helps figure out what has changed on your site.

Olivier.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4264 by gavinhanly
Replied by gavinhanly on topic Latest news stopped working?
Hi - that;s definitely pointing me in the right direction.

Just to double check - I have 644 on those permissions - is that not correct?

More
8 years 9 months ago #4265 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Latest news stopped working?
It is, but it is not enough.

Permissions need to be granted in the htaccess file.
You will find answers about how to grant file permissions throughout the forum here (in the search tab, look for posts about permissions).

Since the module was working before, you may have installed an extension that tightened up the security of your site (in which case you may have the tools to help you with this), the server configuration may have changed or permissions were granted before and may have been deleted...

Olivier.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4266 by gavinhanly
HI - I reverted the files to early versions and it's nearly all worked...

So it's now fixed here: www.hot-dinners.com/

But not here (the sidebar) here: www.hot-dinners.com/Gastroblog/Latest-ne...er-at-gresham-street

It seems odd that it's not working everywhere? But at least it's a step in the right direction!

More
8 years 9 months ago #4267 by gavinhanly
HI - I'm really struggling on this one - as it seems that it was fixed temporarily - and now it's stopped working again.

I seem to be able to access /stylemaster.css.php when I type the URL into a window, but when I access the CSS for a specific module, e.g. stylemaster_279.css, that's when I get the error saying that the css file itself can't access the main /stylemaster.css.php.

Very confused here. I have direct access to my .htaccess - but what should I put in there to ensure the CSS can be read? Or is there another workaround? It's such a crucial part of the site, I'm keen to get it working again.