Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Can I use jQuery Easy on specifies pages only?

More
11 years 10 months ago #462 by [email protected]
Oliver,

I'm having the same problem as AwesomeCoffee was having and my home page also is using the nivo.slider. If I disable your module, all seems to work on my website except ContactUs page at assistancecenter.org/contact-us (it uses NoNumber's Slider and aiContactSafe's Form). I believe I'm having JQuery conflicts on that page and was hopeful that I would get the same result as AwesomeCoffee did. No such luck.

When I activate JQueryEasy the home page doesn't display the nivo.slider or the other conflicted module (HotJoomlaCarousel). Even though I placed all possible references to the home page in into the "Disable in Pages" box as follows:
assistancecenter.org/joomla/
assistancecenter.org/joomla
www.assistancecenter.org/joomla
www.assistancecenter.org/joomla

What would you recommend I should be using for the following FrontEnd settings:
Strip No Conflict Code [Presently set to No]
Add No Conflict Code [Presently set to No]
Enable jQuery [Presently set to jQuery & jQuery UI]

I've never gotten the ContactUs page to work no matter whether JQueryEasy is active or not.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #463 by [email protected]
Oliver,

I found that the "Disable in pages" entries did indeed disable jQueryEasy for my home page. Still would appreciate any assistance on the ContactUs page at assistancecenter.org/contact-us. I have a demo with my client in 2 hours, so I will revert the code of that page back to exclude the NoNumber's slider. It seems to conflict with the aiContactSafe Form.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

More
11 years 10 months ago #464 by admin
Hello,
it seems like you should modify 'scripts.js' as mentioned earlier in the thread. The other scripts seem fine except 'tooltips.js' where
$().ready(function() {
needs to be modified at the end of the script (see my article).

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #465 by admin
Try disabling the addition of the 'no conflict' code as it is already done in K2.
jQuery Easy would also get rid of the extra jQuery library loads.
And I forgot to mention that to disable a page, you need the full URL, 'http' included, as I think I mentioned in the tooltip for the functionality.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by admin.