Login Form

Login or register to buy licenses or to access software previously purchased.

If you are experiencing login issues, empty your browser's cache and try login from the downloads page. Still having trouble? Please contact us!
Postings

You can freely browse the forum. However, you need a valid license in order to post (own a valid commercial software license or have purchased a support membership).

Posts only show after being reviewed.

Topic-icon Accessing global variables in different js files

More
3 years 2 months ago #3432 by mamboze
I've got jquery ui modal dialog working as required in joomla but I've run into another problem. I want to dynamically load the text into the dialog by accessing, in successive dialogs, elements of a js array. This array is globally declared:
var Darray = {};
Darry.array01 = [["text01", "audio01"],
                ["text10", "audio10"]];
and is accessed by:
jQuery("span.ws_dialog_icon").on("click",function(evnt) {
jQuery("div#ws_dialog").dialog("open");
var tester = Darray.array01[0][0];    jQuery("div#wsd_text").text(tester.toString());
This works when the global array variable is declared in the same file as the jquery code but not if it is placed in a different file. I'm surprised as I thought global declarations applied throughout the jquery namespace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #3433 by admin
Hello,
I don't know if you did already post it there, but you would propbably get an answer in a more general jQuery forum. I do not have an answer for you, I am afraid, as I have not been confronted to this configuration problem before.

Olivier.

More
3 years 2 months ago #3434 by mamboze
No problem, thanks