Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Memory leak issue

More
8 years 11 months ago #4225 by joomlaguy76
Memory leak issue was created by joomlaguy76
Hi,

I'm on a shared web hosting account. I have a module set up to list the articles in a particular category. It displays fine when it's configured to appear directly in a Joomla module position.

However, if I use the {loadposition xxx} code within an article, it is causing the following error to be displayed:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 201326592 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 102051 bytes) in /home/XXX/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/storage/memcache.php on line 383

My shared hosting provider (Siteground) informed me that this is due to a memory leak.

The odd part about this is that I'm using the Latest News module to do exactly the same thing in another article on my site, without any trouble. So I'm not sure why it's happening in this particular case.

In any event, I don't expect you to do troubleshooting for free, but thought I'd bring it to your attention in case this is an actual bug in the extension. If you would like to look into it further, please contact me privately and let me know what you need from me. I'd prefer not to post details on the public forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #4226 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Memory leak issue
Hello,

it can become troublesome to use the module into a {loadposition} (for instance) if one of the articles used in the module also has some sort of mechanism that calls plugins. Therefore you get a plugin that calls a plugin and this can go into an infinite loop, provoking a potential memory exhaustion.

Make sure all the articles you are showing do not contain any plugin call in the intro text.

Let me know what you find out!

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.