Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file display only article

More
11 years 11 months ago #387 by antons21
display only article was created by antons21
Hi there!
At first big thanks for great module, really excellent!
May be my question seem so stupid, but I can't find the way to solve my problem.
After installing ang configuring module all works OK. I would like to see only relevant article after clicking on news articles' list item on next page. In other words, on next page I wont remove repeated news articles shortened list also.
Please tell me, how. May be it is Joomla issue, no module?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #389 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: display only article
Hello,
Thank you!
I believe your question is a Joomla! related question. If I understand correctly, you should create a menu item that will show the article's categories selected in the module. Add this menu item to a separate menu (the idea is to create the menu but not have it showing on the website). Create a module for that menu but do not give it a specific position in the template (do not publish it). This will give you the ability to select which modules will show when you get to a specific article after clicking on news item.

Olivier.

More
11 years 11 months ago #396 by antons
Replied by antons on topic Re: display only article
Thanks for reply.
The module is assigned only to home menu item. The attached picture Nr.1 shows first page of site (home). The second shows situation (next page) after clicking on news item link Read More.
Attachments:

More
11 years 11 months ago #397 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: display only article
This is a problem of configuration and I cannot really tell you what to do but make assumptions only, since I am not admin for your site. Are you using the module in an article or are you using a specific position of your template? I still think you should do the solution I suggested before to make sure the article shown after a click on 'read more' does not belong to 'home' anymore.

Olivier.

More
11 years 11 months ago #399 by antons
Replied by antons on topic Re: display only article
Yes. I will trying dig deeper in Joomla direction. Anyway, thank You for responses and special thanks for module.

More
11 years 11 months ago #406 by antons21
Replied by antons21 on topic Re: display only article
Yes , You was right. I will need to create hidden menu item and corresponding category module. All works as I wish now. Thank You.