Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

lightbulb-o changes in the language file

More
11 years 4 months ago #1389 by Alexfree
changes in the language file was created by Alexfree
Hello!
I try do use the extension building a german an later an english content so I tried to make changes in the language file en-GB.mod_latestnewsenhanced.ini to exchange the english german terms with german ones (so that terms like e.g. "days ago" change to "Tage zuvor".) 1) I am not shure if this is the right way, even if it seems to be; 2) I did not find the directory to correctly put the file in. I tried the directory administrator/language/en-GB/ without any effect. Can someone give me an idea, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1390 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: changes in the language file
Hello,
you have to go into the folder languages/en-GB to find the module's language file. Not in the administrator directory. Then you need to copy the English .ini file into the Dutch directory you should have already setup for you (rename the file, you should have examples of that already in your folder). Then modify your keys translations to your liking. If you do that, please share your language file and send it to me for other German folks who could use it.
Other way: since Joomla! 2.5, you can override keys in the language section of the administration of the Joomla! site. Easy for you if you want to change just a few keys. Go to extensions -> language manager, 'overrides' tab. Click on 'new' and go from there.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.