Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Email to Field

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #239 by Amrit
Email to Field was created by Amrit
Hi there.
I really like your Trombinoscope Extended and it solved some headaches of mine. :D

The only thing I really miss is the ability to change the text of the email address.
As it is know, either the email address will show up as the link, or it will be truncated.

I would like to be able to change the text and title of the email field, like this:
$html .= '    <a class="personemail" href="mailto:'.$field.'" target="_blank" title="'.$email_title.'">';
					$html .= '        <span>'.$email_text.'</span>';
					$html .= '    </a>';

I tried adding this myself, with the corresponding fields in the XML-file, but I just couldn't get it to work.

If that is added, I can choose how the email links are displayed, and I can also choose the title of the email link.
(Ofcourse it needs an if-statement so the code displays what is displayed now if the fields aren't typed in, but I guess I don't need to tell you that. :D)

Thanks again for a great module. :-)

Cheers
Amrit
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #240 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Email to Field
Hi Amrit,
thank you for your suggestion, I will see if I can incorporate this in the next release. My concern here is that it adds other parameters in the request call and the URL link is limited in size. I am really close to saturate it and that can result in truncated URLs. Sorry, I don't want to be too technical (but seems like you know what you are doing). I will take a look this week and get back to you.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amrit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.