Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

check Themes not applied

More
9 years 6 months ago #3783 by nsheehan
Replied by nsheehan on topic Themes not applied
Another issue with the module I have turned off Category display, yet it is being displayed.

Oliver, I really need a solution or a refund as this is simply not usable as it is.

Niall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3784 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Themes not applied
Hello Niall,

I have done some extensive searching in other to solve your issue. It turns out that the solution I have implemented (for design purposes, mostly to allow theming and multiple configurations) works very well in most cases and with tweaking of the .htaccess file on some servers in some cases. I have found out that this solution, although working perfectly on Apache servers (straight up most of the time), has not been proved on IIS servers. Apparently, you are my 1st client on IIS with this issue. I am no expert on IIS server configuration so I don't know if there is a solution in your case. But this issue is definitely server related.

Concerning trying to replace the menu item with a module instance, this will obviously won't work the same way. Modules and menu items have different purposes, this is why they don't offer all the same options, especially when it comes to pagination.

Category hide/show works fine on my test server, so it may just be a simple module configuration tweak.

I am working on a solution for the next major version of the component to fix the issue with file permissions. This may not be out in time for your project. Depending on the urgency of your project, I will issue a minor update or just wait for the next major update to be accomplished. If your needs are immediate, I can definitely refund your purchase.

Olivier.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3807 by nsheehan
Replied by nsheehan on topic Themes not applied
B) Got it sorted out on my sites. FWIW it was PERMISSIONS.
This is an IIS server, the module worked fine, the component returned the 500 error. Latest News Enhanced Extended also installed (this is a module) it had no issues.
Built test server, no issues, added extensions 1 by 1, still unable to reproduce.
Compared permissions folder by folder, everything is equal, verified PHP info, and just about every other possible thing I could think of at the server level that could be causing this and I found a WEB.CONFIG file in the COMPONENTS folder. Removed this and VOILA!! Contacts are styled.

IT IS AS OLIVER SAID ALL ALONG - PERMISSIONS. :P

Cheers. [closed for me]

More
9 years 5 months ago #3808 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Themes not applied
Wow... you went through such a daunting process. I am pleased to see you solved this issue and that your perseverance paid off!
Thank you so much for the feedback, I do appreciate it.
Cheers to you Niall.

Olivier.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3826 by ElínTraustadóttir
Replied by ElínTraustadóttir on topic Themes not applied
hi can you put a link to a post that shows how to do that.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3828 by admin