Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Edit in Profile and EasyProfile

• fred_zenozzograte
  • fred_zenozzograte's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #4738 by fred_zenozzograte
Edit in Profile and EasyProfile was created by fred_zenozzograte
Hi,
We use EasyProfile to enhance the user details.

I looked at the link that you have for enabling Edit Contact in User Profile, (www.simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/tr...t-contact-in-profile) but don't see the contact.

Should I assume that this only works in the standard Joomla User Profile Editor?

UPDATE: I am told that Easy-Profile uses the Joomla Profile form and extends it. So I suppose there is some conflict causing the Trombinoscope plugin to fail. I also note that when the user is linked to more than one contact the pug in throws a warning message, indicating that some of it is working at least.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by fred_zenozzograte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #4740 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Edit in Profile and EasyProfile
Hello!

sorry about the late reply, I was helping at a Joomla workshop in Long Island, New-York most of the day.

First, one thing is clear: you cannot edit a contact if that contact is associated with more than one user. This is a system limitation, not a limitation of Trombinoscope. It would actually make no sense for a user to have several contact information sheets. You are or you are not the same person as the user selected.

Second, you not only need to enable the plugin 'edit contact in profile', packaged with the component, you also need to select, in that plugin, which fields you want to show. None of them is selected by default.

Is that what you forgot to do? If you get the warning on multiple users, then it tells me the plugin works just fine and goes to the point where it checks if there are any enabled fields. If it shows nothing, then none of the fields has been selected in the plugin. I am guessing, but it seems like it is what is happening.

Olivier.

• fred_zenozzograte
  • fred_zenozzograte's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #4742 by fred_zenozzograte
Replied by fred_zenozzograte on topic Edit in Profile and EasyProfile
Hi Olivier,
The issue was the ordering of the Easy-Profile and other User plug ins.

The Easy-Profile forum suggested:

Move plugin "Easy Profile - Users Plugin" before of "User Plugin: Edit Contact In Profile" (you can move "Easy Profile - User Plugin" also as first plugin)

I couldn't get that to work. After a bit of experimenting the reverse order worked for me- "User Plugin: Edit Contact In Profile" before "Easy Profile - User Plugin"

All good.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: syw